Alex is passionate about writing, travel, ice cream, and gut health. An Atlanta native, she enjoys the city’s diverse restaurant scene and loves taking long walks with her dog Teddy on the Atlanta Beltline. The 2020 pandemic has only made these loves more important!
Alex is an active member of the online chronic illness community and writes a blog, My Sudden Sight, about living and thriving with vision impairment, autoimmune disease, and CPTSD.
Alexandra C. Pauley, Media Impact Expert, ABD
Alexandra C. Pauley studies the impact of news and entertainment media on political and social attitudes. She has 7+ years experience conducting research and 5 years experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ph.D. in Political Science, Georgia State University (expected 2020)
- M.A. in Political Science, Georgia State University (2015)
- B.A. in International Affairs, Kennesaw State University (2012)
Grants & Awards
- Provost’s Dissertation Fellowship (2020)
- Dept of Political Science Dissertation Research Fellowship for $2850 (2018)
- Doctoral Dissertation Research Stipend Enhancement for $2000 (2017)
- Accepted 2020: APSA Annual Conference
- 2020: MPSA Annual Conference
- 2020: Atlanta Symposium on Political Science
- 2015: MPSA Annual Conference
- American Political Science Association
- Midwest Political Science Association
- Alumni Reference, GSU Study Abroad (2016-17)
- Global Ambassador, GSU (2015)
- Just Read Program at Atlanta Metro RYDC (2014)
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Lecturer at GSU Political Science Dept
(2015 – 2019)
Convinced at least 10 unsuspecting college freshman to become political science majors. Served as instructor of record for 13 classes. Taught face-to-face, hybrid, and fully online classes covering American government, global issues, and pop culture’s influence on American politics. Read more here.
Freelance Writer & Editor
(2010 – 2016)
Appointed lead writer for politically-neutral website aimed at educating the public about all sides of politically divisive topics like gun rights, the gender wage gap, and politicization. Covered controversial 2014 senate & gubernatorial elections in GA for national political blog, PJ Media. Contracted with Excite Creative Studios to produce website copy, develop social media content for small businesses, and write blog posts and quizzes for affiliated sites.
- Paris and the Aude Valley, France (2019)
- Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica (2018)
- Lahore, Pakistan (2017)
- Dublin and Howth, Ireland (2016)
- Belfast, Northern Ireland (2016)
- Havana, Cuba (2015)
- Beijing, China and the Great Wall (2011)